RESOURCES FOR ORIENTATION AND COLLEGE PREP PROFESSIONALS
With its workshop guides and downloadable tips for parents and students, Letting Go answers the questions your students' parents have as their children enter college:
- When should parents encourage independence?
- When should they intervene?
- What issues of identity and intimacy await students?
- What are normal feelings of disorientation and loneliness for students—and for parents?
- What is different about today's college environment?
- What new concerns about safety, health and wellness, and stress will affect incoming classes?
KAREN LEVIN COBURN